Previously On Alternity: Year One, Spring Term
January 1 - April 30, Year One (2009, realtime)
Remember: this does not link to all or even most of the sub-plots and posts within them, only the largest and most significant for the through-plot of the game. To get the full game experience, you really need to read every day!
Below is not entirely
in date order, as some plots overlap with others. Hopefully it will make sense, nevertheless.
- The characters ring in the new year with Sally-Anne organizing an all-Hogwarts game of "AK." After Cedric Diggory said he would play, the rest of Hogwarts signed on. Despite Percy's disapproval, the game was a rousing success, and Draco won, even though Megan Jones was the last person standing.
- Carrow put Terry in the hospital wing, and Fred and George went to visit him. This became important because they put together various charms and so forth and, later in the year, when they tested and used a new journal lock (I Solemnly Swear That I am Up to No Good), they included him, Hermione and Lee Jordan.
- Macnair was introduced. So was Owain Pritchard of the Weird Sisters.
- After a Quidditch match, Harry overheard something about a plot to assassinate him by one Quirinus Quirrell, aided by Professor Macnair!
- The Flamels went missing, with Bellatrix Lestrange potentially involved, throwing off plans. Eventually they were found dead.
- Padma Patil and her gang invited Megan Jones to revise with them, but ended up pulling some classic mean girl antics on her.
- Poppy Pomfrey's regular inventory of the infirmary shelves led to asking Sirius to import certain items. She has been suffering from shortages.
- Lucius took Pansy to work with him, and their dynamic continued strange, resulting in a confrontation (one might even say a fracas) between Lucius and Pansy's mother.
- Harry and Sirius continued to converse, and Harry tried to research some about his parents in old Hogwarts annuals. That research led Draco to tell Hermione to stay away from Harry. Sirius also began to correspond with Nymphadora Tonks.
- Terry went missing for awhile, worrying some people, When he returned, it came out that he had spent the intervening time Transfigured into a dog by Amycus Carrow, then found and kept as Fred and George's pet.
- McGonagall passed on the Invisibility Cloak to Harry.
- An escape from the Derby Muggleborn camp allowed the Order to intervene, dangerous as it was. They managed to save six escapees, but more got away on their own. Arthur's involvement was nearly discovered. One of the escapees, now fled to Moddey Dhoo, was a former potions-maker for St Mungo's - a stroke of luck! Unfortunately, the additional escapees were captured, even as the six settled in to a free life. The wizard who tried to help the escapees was stripped of his magic and sent to a camp.
- Harry and Draco tried to free Macnair's pet dragon and got in enormous trouble. In the melee, Hermione took the dragon's poisonous bite for Harry, and as a reward/punishment was assigned as his personal servant, with Dennis reassigned to Draco.
- The Lord Protector decided to ride to the unicorn hunt in the Forbidden Forest, using Parvati as the virgin bait. For fighting, Ron and Draco were assigned detention in the Forest helping prepare for his arrival. Harry, feeling guilty for Draco taking his punishments, tagged along. On the day of the hunt, classes were canceled, the hunt was enjoyed, and the Death Eaters had a curious sort of supper. Afterwards, many Death Eaters felt rather under the weather, including most spectacularly the Carrows.
- As a result of some arrests (and convictions) of Ministry traitors, Arthur Weasley caught on to the possibility of another resistance group existing in Britain. In other outreach attempts, Kingsley rendezvoused with the Sherwood group of outlaws, who were still reluctant to join up with Moddey Dhoo.
- Bellatrix Lestrange announced that she was pregnant.
- The Order rescued a baby, Charlotte Grosse, from the Epping Forest camp (where Terry was spending Easter hols with Carrow and where there was already unrest), taking advantage of a diptheria epidemic going on there. The caper was successful.
- After seeing Dean Thomas in the Epping Forest camp, Arthur and Frank began sleuthing out his background.
- The Order developed a plan for breaching the wards over the Channel and smuggling wands through, involving a motor boat and a willing captain. On the day, there were problems: they were almost caught and had to jettison most of their cargo, but everyone got away safely.
- Professor Sinistra announced the formation of the Young Protectors' League, a sort of patriotic group for young people.
- Sirius kept posting the Grim Truth: 92/12/02, 92/07/03, 92/24/04.